Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lend me your ears.....

A few thoughts that have been shaking around my head during my 3 hour commute this week:


Daydreams: When Brad Paisley's song comes on the radio, I think of what it would be like to have a baby boy.  And yes, since moving to the midwest, I am a die hard country music fan.  *sigh* 



Forgiving but not forgetting: A few months ago I was visiting a friend and got my period while I was at her house.  Got teary for about 5 minutes before I pulled myself together and put my big girl panties on.  She took an emotional poop on me that night for about 30 minutes; one of the many things said was that I am blowing my situation out of proportion and if things don't work out I could adopt.  I have forgiven her and made necessary excuses to justify what she said : post partum depression or maybe just selfishness.  I think I have forgiven her, but I don't think I can trust her with my heart anymore.  My friends are often the strength I need to make it through a bumpy day.  And to no fault of her own, I don't think she is cut out for that job.  A sad reality but a true one.


Wanting something so bad: Have you wanted something so bad, that you wonder if it's possible?  I worry about that sometimes.


Seriously?: A friend called me 3 months ago to tell me that her and her husband have decided to try and get pregnant and, being the resident expert, asked me what she needed to do.  I explained how to chart her cycle and calculate the day she ovulates.  It got to the point where it felt a little like a 'birds and bees' conversation her mother should have had a few decades ago with her.  And of course: 3 months later she calls to tell me she's pregnant.  SURPRISE.  Apparently she was pregnant but didn't know it.  I don't even know how that would work with me.  And since I'm at it.....  Same conversation with my SIL in February.  She said she had been trying but didn't know when she should be having sex.  I put my expert hat on.  And wait for it: She's pregnant.  SERIOUSLY????  Excuse me while I go ask god if I killed puppies in my previous life and am now being punished.

No comments:

Post a Comment