Saturday, April 9, 2011

Using sugar to sweeten the lemonade

Please tell me I'm not the only person who see's the humour in fertility abbreviations that have been set by our peers? I can only imagine my RE's reaction if I were to fill out a new patient form saying:
'My 'Dear Husand' and I have been doing the 'Baby Dance' for over a year and a half and still don't have a 'Big Fat Positive'. I have all my friends sending me 'Fertile Vibes' though.
Another one that makes me giggle is: LO: Love Olympics (sex)


If any of you are new to navigating fertility sites, here is a cheat sheet that I've used to become fluent in the lauguage.
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.html

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! LO is a new one for me. I've heard of LO meaning "little one" (as in baby/kid) but never "Love Olympics." That said, I don't like the term BD or any other substitute for the word sex.

    ReplyDelete